Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary
- SEE NEWS AND EVENTS
- MASS SCHEDULE
04:00 PM SaturdayWEEKDAY
10:00 AM Sunday
08:00 AM Tuesday
06:15 PM 1st/3rd/5th Thursday
- See Mass Schedule
- Weekly Homily: Listen to the weekly Homily
- Bulletin and Calendar: View Bulletin and Parish Calendar
- Daily Readings: Visit U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops for Daily Bible Readings
- St. Patrick Catholic Church Strategic Plan:
- View St. Patrick Catholic Church Strategic Plan
- View St. Patrick Catholic Church Strategic Plan Worksheets
- Catholics Come Home: Visit Catholics Come Home
The Catholic Telegraph:
The official newspaper of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
- Pregnancy and Family: See Pregnancy and Family Resources:
- Pastoral Planning: Visit Archdiocese of Cincinnati's Beacons of Light pastoral planning at www.catholicaoc.org/beacon.
- View Beacons of Light flyer.
- See Mary, Queen of Angels Family of Parishes
- View Pastoral Vitality Report for February 2023.
- Synod 2021-2023: Visit THE SYNOD ON SYNODALITY.
Updated April 20th, 2022
View SYNOD LISTENING SESSIONS SUMMARY REPORT
- Eucharistic Revival 2022-2025: Visit eucharisticrevival.org to learn more.
- From The Desk of Father Shawn...
- March 26th, 2023: Beacons of Light Update
- LATEST NEWS AND EVENTS:
- View Upcoming Events
- Visit us on Facebook for more information.
- VBS July 31st - August 3rd, 2023: SAVE THE DATE! Vacation Bible School will be held at St. Pat's from 6:00-8:30PM on July 31 - August 3. Children ages 4 (and potty-trained) through 6th grade are invited! More information to follow!
- Download VBS Family Registration '23 Form
- Download VBS Permission Slip '23
SUMMER ADULT ED SCHEDULE:
"Life with Christ is a wonderful adventure." -- St. John Paul II
AT ST. PATRICK -- TUESDAYS AT 7:00 PM
June 6 -- Introduction to St. John Paul II
June 13 -- JP II and the Blessed Virgin
June 20 -- JP II and Confession
June 27 -- JP II and the Eucharist
AT ST. MARY, URBANA -- TUESDAYS AT 7:00 PM
July 11 -- Introduction to JP II's Theology of the Body
July 18 -- Original Man and God's Plan
July 25 -- Concupiscence and Our Fall
August 1 -- The Heart and Christ's Call
August 8 -- Heaven, Virginity, and Celibacy
August 22 -- The Sacrament of Marriage
August 29 -- The Language of the Body Read in Truth
- View Summer Adult Ed 2023 flyer.
- KICKOFF THE 40 HOURS OF DEVOTION MASS: There will be a Mass on Friday, June 9th at 3:00 p.m. at St. Patrick Church to kickoff the 40 Hours of Devotion prior to Corpus Christi. Newly-ordained Father Alex Dugas will be the celebrant.
- CORPUS CHRISTI PROCESSION: Sunday, June 11th at 10:45 a.m. Corpus Christi Procession at St. Patrick Church after 10am Mass.
"A Holy Hour before the Most Blessed Sacrament so pleases the Heart of Jesus, that every man, woman and child on earth receives a new effect from God's goodness and love, all because of a single hour of adoration in His Presence." - St. Faustina
The National Eucharistic Revival, an incredibly important initiative for our country, began in June of 2022, with a year of focus at the diocesan level. The parish year of revival begins on Corpus Christi, and lasts until the summer of 2024.
It would be impossible to estimate how much the world is in need of a deeper, more fervent love of the Blessed Sacrament. It would be impossible to estimate how much we are in need of a deeper, more fervent love of the Blessed Sacrament. May the revival start here.
We will need at least 80 people to sign up for one hour of Eucharistic Adoration, from 4:00 PM on June 9 through 10:00 AM on June 11 (with breaks for Mass). Adoration will be held at St. Pat's, but we need parishioners from both parishes in order for this to be successful.
- To sign up, visit 40 Hours Sign Up. If you have difficulty, please call the parish.
- View 40 Hours Flyer
- View 40 Hours Bulletin Flyer
May 14th 2023:
First Communion at Saint Patrick Catholic Church.
With Rev. Jacob Lindle
Take time to pray for our seminarians.
Adam Berning and Matthew Montag diaconate ordination will be on Saturday, April 29th, 2023 at 11:00 am.
Transitional deacons Patrick Blenman and Alex Dugas priesthood ordination will be on Saturday, May 20th, 2023 at 11:00 am.
- Both ordinations will be at Cathedral Basilica of Saint Peter in Chains, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- see Meet the Seminarians
- ROSARY AT THE LAKE On Monday evenings at 6:00 p.m. from May 1 - October 2, 2023 the Rosary will be recited at the Fatima Statue at Indian Lake. Bring your lawn chair and rosary! Also, come prepared for the weather - umbrellas, jackets or sunglasses. The Statue is a beautiful setting for reciting the Rosary. Join us in prayer each Monday as Our Lady requested.
- DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY HOLY HOUR Sunday 4/16 11:00 AM Holy Hour will follow 10AM Mass.
"May Christ's light radiate in your hearts and homes this Easter season." - Archbishop Dennis M. Schnurr
Watch "An Easter Message From Archbishop Schnurr" (1:27 min)
- DIVINE MERCY NOVENA BEGINS ON GOOD FRIDAY 4/7 Pray along with Father Shawn (recorded April 2020)
- Listen to Day 1 - Divine Mercy Novena (8:32 min) Good Friday, April 7
- Listen to Day 2 - Divine Mercy Novena (8:28 min) Holy Saturday, April 8
- Listen to Day 3 - Divine Mercy Novena (8:34 min) Easter, April 9
- Listen to Day 4 - Divine Mercy Novena (8:36 min) Monday, April 10
- Listen to Day 5 - Divine Mercy Novena (8:52 min) Tuesday, April 11
- Listen to Day 6 - Divine Mercy Novena (9:14 min) Wednesday, April 12
- Listen to Day 7 - Divine Mercy Novena (9:17 min) Thursday, April 13
- Listen to Day 8 - Divine Mercy Novena (9:06 min) Friday, April 14
- Listen to Day 9 - Divine Mercy Novena (8:51 min) Saturday, April 15
- 2023 LENTEN TALK SERIES Wednesday, March 22nd and 29th at 7:00 p.m. at the Winner Harvest Barn, 7317 OH-47, De Graff, OH 43318. Fr. Jacob Lindle will talk about Vatican II (Second Vatican Council). There will be an optional potluck of soup and salad before the talk at 6:00 p.m. All are welcome!
- Listen to Vatican II Part 1
- Listen to Vatican II Part 2
- Vatican II Reference Material: View Vatican II Presentation Slides
- Visit Dogmatic Constitution on Divine Revelation (Dei Verbum)
- Visit Dogmatic Constitution on the Church (Lumen Gentium)
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
4:30 pm on Fridays during Lent at St. Patrick Church.
Except on Friday, March 17th, which Stations of the Cross will be at 6:15 pm, prior to the Saint Patrick's Day 7pm Mass.
K OF C FISH FRY
5:00-7:00 pm Fridays February 24th, March 3rd & 10th
at St. Patrick's Makley Hall.
Adults $12.00, 12 and under $9.00. Dine in or carry out.
See Fish Fry for more details.
- DIAPER DRIVE - MARCH 11th & 12th Parishioners are asked to bring diapers in, and the Knights of Columbus will match up to $500. This will be donated to the Pregnancy Resource Center in Bellefontaine.
- OHIO BISHOPS ISSUE LETTER ON ABORTION BALLOT INITIATIVE The letter addresses an extraordinary threat to life by a proposed amendment to the Ohio constitution that would enshrine and expand abortion at the expense of protections for preborn children and women. The bishops are calling for all Catholics to fast and pray for the safety and care for every human being at every stage of life.
- Read "Bishop Letter on Ballot Amendment"
- Visit Catholic Conference of Ohio
- CSS RIDECONNECT VOLUNTEER DRIVERS WANTED Catholic Social Services is looking for volunteer drivers for our RideConnect program. It is a flexible volunteer opportunity to help members of your community get to their essential appointments (physician, treatments, shopping trips, employment). We are looking for those who are interested in making a difference in their community and helping to make an impact. For more information visit https://cssmv.org/services/mobility/rideconnect/ or call 937-575-7111
- Watch "Volunteer Drivers Wanted | CSS Ride Share, Ride Connect" (1 min)
- FASTING & ABSTINENCE Ash Wednesday, February 22nd, and Good Friday, April 7th, are days of abstinence from meat and also days of fast, that is, limited to a single full meal. The other Fridays of the season of Lent are days of abstinence from meat. The law of abstinence binds all Catholics 14 years and older. The law of fasting binds all Catholics from their 18th birthday until their 59th birthday.
WOMEN'S MORNING OF REFLECTION 2023
GOD'S GRACE IN MY LIFE by Sarah Anne Carter
Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 9 - 11 A.M.
St. Mary Catholic Church, 228 Washington Ave., Urbana
Hosted & presented by St. Mary Ladies' Sodality
For more information, please contact the parish office 937.653.1375 or email@example.com
Please consider inviting a friend.
- View 2023 Womens Morning of Reflection Flyer for more details.
- Find more about Sarah Anne Carter books at www.sarahannecarter.com or follow her on Facebook and Instagram at @bysarahannecarter.
- KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS SPAGHETTI DINNER Saturday, February 18th, KofC Spaghetti Dinner in Makley Hall after the 4:00 p.m. Mass.
Logan County parishes will be launching our evangelization initiative on March 12th! All meetings will be held at Los Cabos restaurant located in Bellefontaine Ohio, and will include dinner, a video series, and fellowship.
We encourage parishioners to prayerfully discern whom you will invite. Invitations should take place beginning February 19th.
See Bulletin for more details.
See The Search 2023 flyer, of the info from our invitations for the evangelization initiative, for your reference. If you have already handed out your invitation, this will allow you to RSVP, if your invitee says yes.
- Friday, February 10th, 2023 View Pastoral Vitality Report for February 2023.
- Visit "Letter to the Faithful Regarding Beacons of Light" article.
- Tuesday, January 24th, 2023 Read Archbishop Schnurr's Letter to the Faithful Regarding Beacons of Light.
- Visit "Letter to the Faithful Regarding Beacons of Light" article.
- WELCOME MARY, QUEEN OF ANGELS FAMILY OF PARISHES Mary, Queen of Angels Family of Parishes is officially the Catholic identifier for the six parishes in Champaign and Logan Counties. Northeast #1 (NE-1) will continue to be the regional identifier of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
- Read NE-1 Family of Parishes Name
- See Family of Parishes
- 2023 CATHOLIC MINISTRIES APPEAL (CMA) It is time to kick off the 2023 Catholic Ministries Appeal throughout the archdiocese! More than anyone in the world, the Catholic Church teaches, feeds, and heals. In our local community, this happens through the Catholic Ministries Appeal. Also, If we exceed our parish goal for the CMA, 50% of our over-goal stays right here in our parish. Please prayerfully consider supporting this year's CMA. For more information or to donate online, please visit CatholicAOC.org/CMA. Thank you!
- NATIONAL PRAYER VIGIL FOR LIFE Join Archbishop Schnurr in the National Prayer Vigil for Life, taking place on Thursday, January 19 at 7:00 p.m. Archbishop Schnurr will lead a rosary and holy hour at the Cathedral Basilica of St. Peter in Chains in Cincinnati. The holy hour will be immediately followed by overnight Exposition, concluding with 7 a.m. Mass the following morning. All are invited to attend. The National Prayer Vigil for Life is a nation-wide effort, encouraging each diocese to strongly continue their pro-life witness through adoration of our Eucharistic Lord.
- Visit National Prayer Vigil for Life to learn more.
- Holy Hour at the Cathedral Basilica of St. Peter in Chains
PARISH WIDE NOVENA FOR EVANGELIZATION
Join us in praying the Litany of the Sacred Heart everyday from Sunday, January 8th through Monday, January 16th.
View Litany of the Sacred Heart Prayer
CHALKING THE DOOR: A BLESSING ON YOUR HOME ON EPIPHANY
Blessing one's home on Epiphany is a wonderful way to claim your house for Jesus Christ, and to consecrate the whole year to the service of Our Lord. We encourage you to take some chalk home today, and say the following set of prayers.
Using the blessed chalk, mark the lintel of your front door (or front porch step) as follows: 20+C+M+B+23 while saying: "The three wise men, Caspar, Melchior, and Balthazar, followed the star of God's Son who became human two thousand and twenty three years ago. May Christ bless our home and remain with us throughout the new year. Amen".
Then offer the following prayer:
"Visit, O blessed Lord, this home with the gladness of your presence. Bless all who live or visit here with the gift of your love; and grant that we may manifest your love to each other and to all whose lives we touch. May we grow in grace and in the knowledge and love of you; guide, comfort, and strengthen us in peace, O Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen".
(BLESSED CHALK IS AVAILABLE IN THE BASKET IN THE BACK OF CHURCH)
EUCHARISTIC REVIVAL: RELICS TOUR IS COMING TO WAPAKONETA
Join us at the Blessed Carlo Acutis Eucharistic Festival, Monday, January 30th thru Sunday, February 5th, 2023, at St. Joseph Church, 101 West Pearl St. Wapakoneta, OH.
• Venerate a relic of Bl. Carlo Acutis and St. Manuel Gonzalez Garcia
• Listen to talks on Bl. Carlo, Relics, and the Eucharist
• Adore our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament in St. Joseph's Adoration Chapel
• Tour a display of Eucharistic miracles
• Come to Holy Mass
• Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation
A group from our parishes will attend the evening of Tuesday, January 31st. Contact the parish office to be included.
- Visit Blessed Carlo Acutis Eucharistic Festival for schedule of events and more.
- Learn more about the National Eucharistic Revival: Relics Tour
YOU'RE INVITED TO EXPLORE THE WONDER OF THE MASS
"Please join me in this special study so that you and those you love may come to know better God's great gift of the Mass."
- Archbishop Dennis M. Schnurr
Archbishop Dennis Schnurr would like you to join him for a special study of The Mass video series from Bishop Robert Barron's Word on Fire Ministries. Each Sunday from January 8 through February 12, Archbishop Schnurr will email you one episode of the series along with his own brief insights, which you can watch on your own time and at your own pace, to explore the wonder of the Mass. Each episode of the series is only about 25 minutes. This is a great way to join fellow Catholics across the archdiocese to deepen your understanding of the Mass and experience it in a whole new way. Visit CatholicAOC.org/theMass to sign up, and see the bulletin for more details.
- Watch "Join Archbishop Schnurr for a study of the Holy Mass". (1 min)
ONLINE RESOURCES FOR THE MASS STUDY GUIDE:
Books of the Bible Online
- Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) Online
AVE VERUM CORPUS, NATUM DE MARIA VIRGINE
Here is the full translation of the Latin Text:
Hail, true Body, born of the Virgin Mary,
having truly suffered, sacrificed on the cross for mankind,
from whose pierced side water and blood flowed:
Be for us a foretaste [of the Heavenly banquet]
in the trial of death!
O sweet Jesus, O holy Jesus,
O Jesus, son of Mary,
have mercy on me.
Pray for the peaceful repose of the soul of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
"Please join me in praying for the peaceful repose of the soul of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, who was a vicar of Peter and faithful shepherd of Christ's Church."
-Archbishop Dennis M. Schnurr
- Read Archbishop Schnurr's full reflection on Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.
- Watch Mass for the peaceful repose of the soul of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI at the Cathedral Basilica of St. Peter in Chains in Cincinnati on Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at 5:15 p.m.
A Christmas Message from Archbishop Schnurr
Jesus rescued us from the road to destruction and has shown us the way back to eternal life in God. In that marvelous exchange, Jesus revealed His humanity on the first Christmas so that humanity could share in His divinity.
May you and your family know God's love this Christmas.
- Watch "A Christmas Message from Archbishop Schnurr". (2 min)
ZETEO - To seek in order to find
St. Mary's Youth Group will meet on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the undercroft of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Urbana. Anyone in high school is welcome.
Our fall dates are: October 2nd & 16th, November 6th & 20th, December 4th
Bring your appetites. There will be pizza.
Bring your questions. There will be answers.
Bring your friends. There will be joy.
If you have any questions, please email Fr. Jacob Lindle: firstname.lastname@example.org
View Zeteo Youth Ministry 2022 flyer
Third Saturdays at 11AM
Mary, Queen of Angels Parishes Sack Lunch Ministry for Women
All women are welcome to join us in Makley Hall at St. Patrick on Saturday, Nov 19th & Dec 17th from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. for an Mary, Queen of Angels Parishes Sack Lunch Ministry! And continues every Third Saturday of the Month.
Wednesdays at 7:30 PM
THAT MAN IS YOU
All men are invited to attend "That Man is You" program on Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m. in Makley Hall. Please join us!
Saint Patrick Catholic Church
316 East Patterson Avenue
Bellefontaine, Ohio 43311
Copyright © 2023 Saint Patrick Catholic Church, Bellefontaine, Ohio.